23 August 2010

Hey, how's it going in Las Vegas?

Another week right? Wow time is flying by.. It is almost the end of Agosto?! Well this week has been a pretty good week, we definitely worked hard. We found a lot of new people to teach but only one came to church this Sunday! Talk about a week killer! We call Sundays, game days because you work so hard during the week and Sunday is the big day to see the people come to church. It is so hard though in the area for people to come to church though. Everyone has to survive and work on Sundays here, let alone the Iglesia is really far away. It is so hard to see people want to change their lives but have to work on Sundays... If I had one wish in this world it would be that the Ferria ¨Flea Market¨ is not on Sunday!! The area here is pretty populated with Bolivians so they are all working in the fabricas doing their thing then they go to a huge ferria Sunday to sell what they made. Everyone puts Addidas or Nike on a shirt and somehow that makes it legit haha.

We had a killer lesson with Lida this week with our relief society president. Lida is such a baller, she is from Peru and has the cutest daughter hah. She actually walked all the way to church with the kid and loved church! I told her it was the same in my city too and she was like  ¨ wow I love it ¨ especially for her daughter too. This next sunday we are cooking breakfast for her American Style haha and her sister wants to come too. We are going to invite the 19 year old daughter too. Still waiting for her to get interested.. she sits in with the lessons when she is home but really only wants to learn English from me hah. I´m going to get her to church.

This week we are going to blow the doors down and find a lot of new people. We have people to teach now but they are not progressing. It is just not their time yet.. its hard to say that because I want them so badly to find the gospel in their lives but just gotta keep trying.

So I got my haircut! It´s a Curt Whitaker buzz haha, yeah I got it short all the way around. The weather is starting to heat up so its nice. The weather is perfect but its humid so sometimes it gets too hot. Its crazy how last week was freezing and now its perfect. All I am missing is the beach! The pench is going great, we are having a lot of fun too hah. Somehow we are all talking castellano 24/7 but with a Brazilian accent as a joke hah. Just another week in Argetina.. I love it here. I am seriously getting lost in the work. All I can focus is bringing people to church, it is still hard as ever. Somedays you just want to get back to the pench but somehow the next day has something little that makes it all better. I love being here in the streets too, the kids playing futbol in the dirt fields or the enviroment here. Most of the area is really poor and rough but there are amazing people here. I still cannot I am walking in the streets of Buenos Aires speaking Castellano hah. Unreal!!

Well thats all I can think of right now hah, so much happens in a week. Just one thing to know. I love these people!!

Love you guys too back in the States!

Elder Shepherd



Marcella, me, Santiago, and Elizabeth (first convert family)
Boca Stadium

No comments:

Post a Comment