23 January 2012

It´s starting to hit me how fast the time passes by in the mission. At the end of the week I´ll only have 6 more weeks left here as a missionary so I´m really sad. Besides that we are still working hard that ever and I´m loving my mission. This weekend we were able to have 5 baptisms!! It really was a blessing to see them enter into the waters of baptism. The day didn´t start off that well because we both woke up really sick from heat sickness. It was a blazing 43º (104º) on Friday and we got to the apartment dead tired drank a lot of water then went to bed. We woke up really sick and without any energy but we still had to get everything ready for the baptism and work work work! We had to travel to another area to look for some baptism clothes then we came back to fill up the font and clean up the capilla. We do so much here! It would be nice to have some help :P I´m always grateful for the strong functioning church back home hah.

So with everything ready Juan Carlos, Milagros, Claudia, Jesus and Celete all arrived for the baptism but guess what.. the members weren´t there yet or anything so it was a tad akward.. Finally the Branch President arrive with his family of 8 and another family arrived so the capilla was fuller.. haha. These two families take up half of the attendance at church. Everything ended up well. The baptisms were done perectly and smoothly without any interferance and you could feel the spirit so strong. It was so special for me to baptize milagros because she is so special for me. Seing her enter into the baptism font with her face of being nervious but also looking up at me confidently hit me so strong. She really is going to be such a strong member of the church and I love her dearly. It reminded me of baptizing McKenna. Days that you will never forget. At the end of the baptism Jesus and Milagros gave us notes and Milagros told me ¨ Te quiero mucho y gracias por ser mi amigo favorito¨

On sunday 4 of the 5 were confirmed with only Celeste being confirmed later on the next sunday to come. The family went to the zoo lol.

So this was a great week with so much hard work put into the missionary work and were able to see the blessings of our heavenly father. I´m so grateful for my mission. It is so special for me and sacred. All I can say is that every young man needs to go on a mission.

Thanks for the letter and your love. I hope the package arrives soon and I can´t believe I´ll be home so soon!

Bret

No comments:

Post a Comment