03 October 2011

Well I don´t have to much time to write today sorry!! But it´s been an awesome and also let down week. I had planes for so many people to come to the conference but it seems like everyone found themselves in a situation and were not able to come. Besides that we found an amazing man who loves church!! His name is Carlos and when we were on division with Elder Barrios from Columbia we found him in the patio and just started talking and he let us in his house. We started talking about lesson two and he was stoked to come to church this weekend. The next time we passed by with a member his house was super clean and he had the table set with the folleto of lesson 2 on the table. He was ready to hear more! He has a fetcha for the 23rd of October. We have 5 people planned to be baptized this month so we are working hard with them. The division with Elder Barrios was super fun and hilarious. I love that guy and he told me that I need to come to Bogota and visit him. He´s planning to study in the states too. On friday night we brought 7 investigators to the activity and played football, made pizza and everyone got to know eachother. It was sweet! Conference weekend was the best. I really got a lot out of this conference and I am pretty sad to thing how this will be my last conference as a missionary. Understanding spanish seems perfectly normal now and I felt I got more out of conference watching it in spanish than ingles. Funny stuff. For me this conference was ment for us to become better people with our morals and decision. We need to step up and not become in the world. I have many talks that I can apply to investigators.

Today we played some football with about 9 other elders here in Padua. I need to buy some new shoes. My vans don´t hold up anymore and I almost broke my big toe nail again. So I´ll probably have to buy some new shoes. We found some kittens in front of the church while leaving. Two super cute guys and of coarse with my soft side we had to take them to the pench and we are looking to see if a member can take them because we cannot have pets lol. Besides that it has been a great week. I´m still stressing about our investigators.. I love them so much that it hurts to not see them progress and accept the gospel. Sometimes we have to realize it is in the lords time and not ours but we have to keep loving and doing all we can. We have a family that came about a month ago but ever since they have been busy but sometimes they are able to come to mutual with us. They fit in perfectly but the mother is sick and that complicates a lot of things. We just have to keep working harder... and be guided by the spirit.

Many investigators are progressing and we are really being blessed. Elder Nesbit is a stud and I love serving with him. He´ll be one of my best friends after the mission for sure.

Love you guys,
Bret

No comments:

Post a Comment