11 April 2011

What a week and what a translado here in Buenos Aires Oeste. Well again we broke the record of 200 baptisms as a mision. Our area Chivilcoy had the most baptisms in the mision and we broke the record for the zone. The area here is really taking off as well as the mission. I´m sure we are going to break 200 again next transfer!

We had a great finish to the transfer here in 9 de Julio. At first we didn´t have a baptism planned for the end of the week! We were hoping find someone but it didn´t look promising. But we had a miracle. As we were teaching in a recent converts house of Joanna, her uncle showed a lot of interest in the church. Well actually the week before he went to the Temple Class, Institute and more. I´ve never seen someone that has that much excitement for classes such as those. He´s been reading the Book of Mormon as well as the Bible. He even marked scriptures for us to help him with. It ends up as we challenged him to be baptized he accepted it 100% and comprehended everything about it. He entered the waters of baptism this weekend and now is going to be a great member of the church. During the week we had division with Elder Latorre ( who is flying home to Chile right now) and Elder Edwards from 25 de Mayo. We tore it up with 5 lessons in one hour. When we were walking home I wanted to check out this little alley way that looked like an alley in Balboa Island. I was like ¨Hey why not lets go check it out, it looks familiar to me.¨ I chose a blue house to clap and ends up this lady came out. She told us that we have come by before but 10 years ago. She has been reading the book of mormon every now and then and always wondered why the kids in shirt and ties never came back. We have an appointment with her this week! I can´t wait to go and see how she is and to get back in the flow of the Gospel in her life and get baptized! She´s married to!! Haha It´s rare to find a couple married here

So it´s the end of the transfer, I´m sure I´ll be here for 3 more but I love this area. I love every area that I am in. The people really do make life the best that it is. Family, Friends and the Gospel. When you are serving others you really are happy. I hope you guys are helping the missionaries back home and give them references to your friends who aren´t members!! Giving references are the best! We have most of our investigators right now because of references from members.

Love you guys, I´ll send another email with extra stuff too like pictures.

Elder Shepherd

No comments:

Post a Comment