21 February 2011

Well the transfer has ended and I am leaving Mariano Acosta. These last 3 months have been the best months in my mission. It killed me to know that I was leaving the area, worse than any other feeling. I was able to visit the families and converts back in Mariano Acosta on Sunday night. It was great seeing them and spending time before I was leaving. The last visit was with Flia Diaz and we had dinner together and spend time. The hardest thing to do was to say good bye to this family. I love them beyond words. During the night when I was packing my bags, it hit me hard that I was actually leaving the area. It brings comfort to me that I will be back in one year to visit but wow.. leaving was hard. Mariano Acosta has a great future though, we have 4 planned baptisms for this upcoming transfer so the Elders are in good hands over there in Mariano Acosta. I hope the people that I was able to find and teach will aventually be baptized!

Gabriela was baptized this weekend. She is one of the strongest baptism that I have seen. She already is a member and she was super excited for her baptism. Then we have 5 investigators in the church too. They will all be baptized for sure. Especially one of our investigators that is 60 years old and her sister is having a lot of problems. She hasnt been able to sleep normally for a long time because her kids dont visit her and she lives a life that is stressful and very matierialistic. She came to see the baptism of Gabriela and we gave her a blessing afterwards and the next day she came to church telling us how she feels so much better and wants to buy a book of mormon hah. Her eyes can tell everything. She told us how she has never slept that good for over 3 years. I have a true testimony of the power of the Priesthood and how it will bless the lives of people.

The latest news is that I am going to Campo. 9 de Julio, where I was for a week before! I am super surprised that I am going out to campo. Especially to an area that I was at before, well a Week hah. So out in 9 de Julio, it is a rama... So the President is an Elder and I will be his counselor, so from what it seems like I will end up being the new President? I dont know... I dont want to lead a branch! To be honest I am not super excited to go.. I dont know we will see how it turns out. I am going to miss Mariano Acosta really bad. My new companion is from Chile and is really educated. I hope to learn a lot from him and to enjoy my time out there in 9 de Julio. Right now I am in Ramos in the offices for the day and tomorrow we are going to take a Bus out to 9 de Julio.

Thats about it right now, Im excited but more sad that I am leaving and yeahh. I love you guys so much and I hope to do well out there in Campo. We will see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment